At Honeymix, we’ve instituted protocols with strict adherence to NY State, NYC, and CDC guidelines centered on social distancing, disinfecting, and reducing points of potential transmission.
We are committed to the safety of our clients, actors, staff, and everyone who has cause to enter our facility. We hope that the following information will help to put your mind at ease as we begin to open our doors again.
1. Staff, clients, and actors will have temperature taken upon entry with infrared temp device. They will be instructed to wash hands in lavatory next to entry door before proceeding into space. Clients will be directed to their designated seating for the duration of their visit.
2. We are following SAG/AFTRA protocols for actors who are hired to record voice overs. They will go through initial entrance questionnaire and temp check, be logged, and directed to an isolated recording booth for duration of their stay. All booths have their own doors and entry ways.
After they depart, the recording booth is sanitized with spray, microphone filters changed, and headphones wiped with alcohol wipes. The booth will be ventilated for at least 1/2 hr after cleaning, and before reuse.
3. Office Manager will keep visitor log, and cleaning log, at entry reception desk.
4. Washable cloth face coverings will be used for staff. KN95 masks will be available for visiting clients and actors if they need them. Several hundred disposable nitrile gloves are also on hand for use.
5. Door handles and light switches for restroom will be wiped down after every use. Alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided in higher use areas. ALL door handles and flat surfaces will be wiped down or sprayed every 2 hrs.
6. We have designated 9 feet of space between clients and sound engineers at all times during a record session. This means there will only be two clients allowed in any control room. The remainder of the facility is open space (total is 5000 sq ft). Therefore, a guaranteed minimum distance of 6 ft can be kept at all times.
7. HVAC systems will be adjusted throughout the facility to increase ventilation at all times. Several windows through the facility will remain open to increase the exchange of fresh air from the outside.
8. Both control rooms will have a Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier 2.0 for Extra-Large Rooms with Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filter. H13 Medical Grade HEPA filters remove over 99% of particles down to 0.1 microns. This 5-in-1 filter system targets mold, bacteria, virus carriers, VOC’s, smoke, & odors. H13 HEPA is considered medical grade air filtration. Each unit replaces 100% of the air in a 1500 sq ft space every hour. Our control rooms are currently each less than 500 sq ft.
9. We have installed (2) HALO REME-LED air purification systems, directly integrated into the HVAC system which serve the entire facility. These units can can kill up to 99% of bacteria, viruses and mold in the air.
The innovative and revolutionary HALO-LED is the industry's first LED in-duct whole facility purification system that is both mercury free and zero ozone compliant. The HALO-LED proactively treats every cubic inch of air conditioned space, thereby reducing airborne and surface microbials, bacteria, viruses, mold, smoke, and VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds). Leveraging bipolar ionization, it also reduces airborne allergens, dust and particulates.
10. Talent and/or clients can be digitally patched into audio sessions utilizing SourceConnect, SourceLive, Zoom, SessionLinkPro, ipDTL, phone patch, and other software.
Once again, Honeymix is committed to ensure the safety of its clients, actors, and staff by following all applicable guidelines, as well as staying current with, and considering any new recommendations that the CDC and scientific community at large make available.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have about our guidelines.